Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why can’t we earn our MRS. Degree from a Bar?


Our moms have raised us to believe that we will never meet the man of our dreams at a bar. I believe that this is not necessarily true. When you are at church, no offense, but you put on a façade so that people won’t be able to know that the reason they know you is because y’all took shots at EC together last night. And if that is true then you have seen each other in your natural uninhibited form.

Now don’t get me wrong, I know that Emily Post strongly frowns on one night stands, and I'm not saying go down that road, but you can turn on that Southern Belle charm and he might see the real you and perk his ears up. If he lasts past the first “meeting” then church could be in his future, we like that about a Southern Gentleman.

There is a problem though if you end up hitting it off and you discover that he knows all of the bartender/bouncers/shot hoochies at every bar in town. If this is the case RUN before it is too late.

In a bar you can also see how he acts in public around HIS friends. You don’t want someone who picks fights when his buddies are around, because he tends to get tanked every time he drinks. I had a problem with a guy who would get totally drunk, so I thought, and tell me how drunk he was and how drunk everyone else was……NO! And then he would laugh loudly and well that had to end, sorry Peter Griffin.

Moral of the story, it is great to meet people in Church, I love Church, but get them into a situation where both of you are comfortable and see what happens. It doesn’t have to be a drunk fest, but a bar for drinks can teach you a lot (and sometimes it takes a while to see that, but we live and learn)

Some people may think I am being a bad girl and condoning behavior that I shouldn't but it is how Sister Belle is feeling today.

Until Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses Y’all
Sister Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment